Thursday, February 12, 2009

Violated

Yesterday I discovered that someone has stolen my check card number and was using it buy things from Amazon. I had purchased a book a couple days ago from Amazon.com and when I was checking my bank statement online I noticed there were 6 other charges from Amazon that I or Brenton did NOT purchase. I went immediately to the bank yesterday after work to get it figured out and sure enough, someone else, got my number from there and used it at their will to download some music and other things.
We are still working through all of it with Amazon and the bank, and thankfully I noticed it right away so we could close that check card, but still I felt so violated that someone would do that. Do people really not have a conscience? I hope that we get the money refunded- it wasn't a ton, almost $100. Amazon and the bank are investigating the charges, both have been very cooperative thus far, we'll see how it all plays out in the end. It makes me nervous about buying from them again or any online places and it really makes me lose faith in people.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. We appreciate it.