Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Back at it

Today was the first day of my working out again. We recently joined our local YMCA, and I finally had the time to go and test out the machines.
It felt good to be back on the treadmill again, counting the calories burned, and challenging myself to run for one more minute, then one more, and one more until I thought I would die. I didn't burn as much as I had hoped, but it was only day 1 and it's been a while since I ran for a continuous amount of time. I can guarantee I will pay miserably for it tomorrow when I am unable to walk up and down the stairs, but it's all worth it because swimsuit season is coming!

2 comments:

  1. I hate the first workout. These days, my kids keep getting sick so I feel like I'm constantly starting over when I go back to the gym. Sore muscles are no fun, but you're right... the payoff is worth it. Good luck getting back into it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. We appreciate it.