Thursday, May 07, 2009

Sanity Please!!

As Mother's Day quickly approaches, I wanted to put up a meaningful Mother's day poem. This is what I found...

Sanity Please!!

Now I lay me down to sleep,
I pray my sanity to keep.
For if some peace I do not find,
I'm pretty sure I'll lose my mind.

I pray I find a little quiet
Far from the daily family riot

May I lie back--not have to think
about what they're stuffing down the sink,
or who they're with, or where they're at and what they're doing to the cat.

I pray for time all to myself
(did something just fall off a shelf?)
To cuddle in my nice, soft bed
(Oh no, another goldfish--dead!)
Some silent moments for goodness sake
(Did I just hear a window break?)
And that I need not cook or clean--
(well heck, I've got the right to dream)

Yes, now I lay me down to sleep, I pray my wits about me keep,
But as I look around I know-- I must have lost them long ago!



(There will be a more meaningful one on Sunday!)

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. We appreciate it.