Saturday, June 20, 2009

I've become my mother

Any sitcom you watch these days seems to make fun of mothers or mother-in-laws. It's become expected in any family show to make references to how a mom has become her mother. I can remember a time when I would laugh at these shows and think, I will never say some of the silly things, I remember my parents saying. I was WRONG! Just yesterday, in front of several witnesses, I scolded a child for not closing the door because the AC was on. I said, " Close the door, we are not trying to AC the outside too!"
Then today, I said to Izzy, "Were you born in a barn?" (As if she even knows where she was born) I thought about how ridiculous it was that I even said it.
Is it inevitable that we say these rediculous phrases? I am proud to say that I have not said, "Stop crying, or I will give you something to cry about!" I've been tempted, but have refrained so far.
What are some other classic parent lines that I should watch out for?

2 comments:

  1. Carrie says, "Because I said so" - parents say when child asks why they should do something.

    Craig says "Turn off the lights; I don't have stock in the electric company."

    ReplyDelete
  2. I laughed out loud at Craig's because I can hear him saying that!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. We appreciate it.