Thursday, October 26, 2006

My life list

I can honestly say I have never watched Ellen DeGeneres in my life, but one day I turned it on, and there was a family talking about her daughter creating this list of 100 things she wanted to do before she died. Sadly, their daughter died in the World Trade Center on September 11, 2001. I thought it was a good idea to make a list, nothing too great, just a simple way to set some goals. There is no particular order, just whatever comes to mind...

1. Coach one of my child's sports
2. Teach a Bible study
3. Complete a full Beth Moore Study
4. Read a John Ortberg book
5. Color my hair blonde (yikes!)
6. Go on a Mission's trip to Africa (Kenya, Nigeria, or South Africa-preferably)
7. Tour Europe
8. Be a room parent for one of my children's classroom
9. Finish Isabelle's scrapbook
10. Start & finish Andrew's scrapbook
11. Lose 60 pounds
12. Organize my pictures cabinet
13. Make a quilt
14. Run in a 10K run
15. Lead someone to a relationship with Christ
16. Learn to cut hair
17. Earn a Master's degree
18. Make maple syrup
19. Take the kids horseback riding
20. Play in a couple's golf league
21. Paint the inside of our home
22. Build a Tupperware team of 50 people
23. Skydive
24. Go to the Oprah show
25. Stay in New York City
26. Go to Maui
27. Take the kids to Disney World
28. Go on girl's weekend
29. Volunteer at a senior center
30. Serve at a soup kitchen with the kids
31. Design and build a home
32. Finish the Francine Rivers book series (Ruth, Tamar...)
33. Cut my hair short
34. Get a family picture taken professionally
35. Have a date night with each of my kids (one kid each month)
36. Have date night with my husband twice a month
37. Take a cooking class
38. Try red wine
39. Go camping
40. Swim in the ocean
41. Vacation in San Diego
42. Cry with my friends when needed
43. Laugh more at myself
44. Teach my kids about humility and good character
45. Encourage my husbands goals and dreams
46. Pray daily for family and friends without Jesus in their lives
47. Go on a spiritual retreat ALONE
48. Cook a full Turkey dinner
49. Meet the President
50. Visit Israel
51. Horseback ride on a beach
52. Hug my husband everyday
53. Tell my kids I love them everyday
54. Meet Heidi Jeomara (Compassion child) in Ecuador
55. Play hockey
56. Plan & Coordinate a wedding
57. Learn to change my oil
58. Swim with dolphins
59. Speak another language
60. Play golf with Tiger Woods (one can dream!)
61. Be a part of a progressive dinner
62. Ski down a mountain
63. Attend a high school reunion
64. Make some sort of contact with my birth mother
65. Be on a game show
66. Be a mentor
67. Fly in a hot air balloon
68. Fly & land a plane
69. Visit Brenton's family in Japan
70. Build a house with Habitat for Humanity
71. Pass out toys for Project Angel Tree
72. Play in a Sand Volleyball league
73. Take couple dance lessons
74. Float in the Dead Sea
75. Pay off our debt
76. Go to Mars Hill church in Seattle with Brenton
77. Take kids on a mystery trip
78. Get my teeth whitened
79. Participate in the Diabetes Walk
80.Volunteer at a senior community visiting with people
81. Read the entire Bible
82. Consistently discipline my children
83. Always show grace when my children make mistakes
84. Be better about staying in contact with friends far away
85. Eat more vegtables
86. Shower in a waterfall
87. Write letters to my kids for when they graduate high school
88. Go white water rafting
89. Try authentic food from each continent
90. Read Pride & Prejudice
91. Have a candlelight dinner
92. Slow dance under the stars on a beach
93. Take an art class (drawing or painting)
94. Read To Kill a Mockingbird
95. Attend a College reunion
96. Go to the Boundry Waters
97. Follow an exercise plan 3-5 days a week
98. Be a small group youth leader when my kids are of age
99. Get a family picture in old fashioned costumes
100. Appreciate throughout my life the stages/seasons of that I am in- Valuing each day and thanking God for the things I have and don't have!

If you made it all the way through my list- Thanks for reading. Hopefully I can start crossing some of these things off. It's much harder to to write a life list than I thought. I didn't want to forget anything. Try it, I would love to read other's life lists.

3 comments:

  1. This is such a cool idea! I think I might start one for myself buy it may take awhile!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whatever you do...

    1.) Read Pride and Prejudice (my favorite)
    and
    2.) DON'T DYE YOUR HAIR BLONDE! I absolutely love your gorgeous dark tresses!

    Audra

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've done a few of the things on your list...lemme know if I can be of assistance with any for you! ;-) As far as swimming with dolphins... it was THE MOST exhilarating thing I have done yet in MY lifetime!!! DEFINITELY do NOT miss the opportunity if it presents itself!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. We appreciate it.