Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Gotta Go, Gotta Go, Gotta go right now!

I apologize for the graphic description below

HOORAY!!!!! Finally, it was a struggle, but I think we broke through whatever was keeping Andrew blocked up. I will admit it was extremely disgusting I had to use my own finger to help assist out the blockage. It smelled as if something died inside him. It seemed so painful for him, he was screaming, kicking and grunting but he made it. The nurse line told me to double the amount to stool softener I was giving and that should get him going. I did, then I gave him a bottle with prune juice and sure enough it was definitely soft. Hopefully, his body will continue to clean itself out. I am so relieved that he is starting to come around the corner. Thanks to those of you that were praying for him and for all the suggestions, they were all tried out. If someone would have ever told me I would be assisting my child's stools out, I would have thrown up on them on the spot and never had children. While it was happening I was in 'just do what ever you can to help' mode. It's amazing how much a mother loves and cares about her child that nothing could gross them out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. We appreciate it.