Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Hunting

I have started the preschool hunt for Jacob, but I am looking for some advice or suggestions on things to look for, avoid, recommendations, and must knows. I do have a preschool teaching license, so I have the trained skills to do Preschool with Jake, but I want him to experience the social side of school. I am a firm believer that it's NOT the teachers full responsibility to teach my kids. I believe it's my responsibility to make sure they are learning, and I will assist and be in partnership with my kids teachers. I get this philosophy from dealing with too many parents thinking I was expected to make every child a genius especially when I was juggling 30+ at a time. People out teachers in an impossible situation, and I want to help take some of the load off. Even if it's just my kids.

So, bring it on, what do people know about preschools in this area? Is there a good resource that does yearly or quarterly reports on the schools? Who are some teachers you love and wish your child could always have? Anything would be great!

1 comment:

  1. I have heard great things about the REGGIO approach.. but am not sure if there are any schools in your area. This focuses on the whole child.. social, emotional and academic sides of kids... which is very important. I would start visiting schools in the area.. sometimes trusting our guts- is God's way of informing us of the best decision.

    Good Luck

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. We appreciate it.