Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Mouse Trap

Mouse trap was a super fun game as a child. I never owned the game, but when I went to friends homes, it was the best. Last night we had our own game of mouse trap going, but it wasn't that fun. It was with a real mouse and we were the trap setters. Let me rephrase that, Brenton was the trapper. I was the grown woman in the house screaming in the corner as if I was being held up with a gun! I hate mice. I saw it scurry across the room.
Brenton was so brave, he cornered the mouse under the chair by surrounding it with blankets and pillows. Then all the troops (kids) got their weapons. Izzy had a broom, I had the swiffer, and all the boys had hockey sticks. Brenton wanted me to lift the chair so he could take a good slap shot at the mouse when he came running out. To replay this whole situation is hilarious, but believe me I was near tears and terror in this moment.
When I lifted the chair the mouse wasn't there. I dropped the chair back down and saw it scurry out from a corner again, I scream, again. At this point I was not invited to help with the trapping any longer. Once I get my pictures loaded you will see how this all took place.
Finally, all 3 kids were jumping on the coach, with their weapons, cheering us on, "Get the mouse, get the mouse". They saw the mouse scurry under the coach. Again Brenton wanted to lift the coach and take a slap shot, but this time, he wanted Jake to take the shot. Jake was pumped at first, but then when he knew he was suppose to swing and try to kill the mouse, he got a little scared and begged to not have to do it. We lifted the couch and he had vanished! Now everywhere I look I expect to see our little "Mickey" walking around. YUK, YUK, YUK- I hate mice. I think I know why God intended for us to marry- it is so we don't have to be the ones to set the traps and discover the dead rodents.

3 comments:

  1. that's so funny, I hate mice too! can't wait to see the pix!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is the funniest story ever! You are a great writer. I could just picture the whole scene in my mind.It also brings back lots of memories as we always had mice at the farm. Brenton should be used to it - although I don't know that he ever had to help get rid of them. The two I remember the most was 1) when we were up at the cabin and we were in bed. All of a sudden Craig jumped up and ran out to the kitchen. Then I hear "wham" as he slapped the kitchen counter. He killed a mouse with his hand! Yuk! Then 2) was whenwe had a mouse trap in the cupboard above the stove. Craig opened the cupboard door one day and jumped back. There was a mouse caught in the trap - he had died facing outwards. It looked like he was going to jump right out of the cupboard at Craig's head.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel your pain. We lived through something similar last year. I was obsessed with catching the mouse. We tried every different kind of trap that you can buy... and the glue trap is what ended up working. Seeing it trapped on the glue was ALMOST as bad as knowing it was roaming free in our house!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. We appreciate it.