Monday, February 04, 2008

A special book

I barely made it through this book this morning while reading it to the kids. We have had it in our book collection as long as I can remember, but I never read it. Today for some reason the kids had a longer attention span to make it all the way through. If you've never read it, you must. I had to fight through the tears and stop because I was so overtaken by emotion as I finished. It was a good teaching opportunity for emotions, since the kids were asking what was wrong and why I was sad. Wow, I didn't expect that when we started reading books this morning. Hopefully, you will get a chance to read it.

2 comments:

  1. Hey girl,
    The song is called "A Child is Born (Hannah)" and it is by Jason Upton. I love it, too! Makes me cry every time!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. We appreciate it.