Saturday, July 19, 2008

Between a Rock and Hard Place

I just walked in the door from the Living Proof Live conference with Beth Moore. First off, let me say that Beth and I would be best friends if we lived near each other. I love her passion, conviction, authenticity, and love for Jesus. She is hilarious- I love that she can laugh at herself about the dumb choices she has made. But in the same breath with all seriousness can give all the glory to God for pulling her through and redeeming her.
My head is spinning at all that heard, learned and experienced. There was plenty to experience. Friday night I got there and was in awe at how full the whole lower level of the Target Center was. How cool that all these women and a few brave men were there to learn more about walking like and with Jesus. Once I absorbed that, the worship began and my emotions took over. 7,000 people standing praising Jesus with concert like sound and professional musicians it was all too much to take in at one time. Not to mention they were singing all of my favorite songs and I could sing them at the top of my lungs because it was so loud the person next to me wasn't going to be distracted by my off key praises. Here is a list of the worship that was sung the past 2 days.

The theme for the weekend was "Between a Rock and a Hard Place". We've all been there and probably will again. Her main text came from Hebrews 12- read it, it's great!

I wish I could share all of my 12 pages of notes, but they would make no sense to you with my ADHD type of note taking- I jump all over the place, but I embrace it! Although there were no life changing a-ha moments for me, there was so much for me to learn about the text. There was so much for me to learn about a passion for Jesus, just from watching Beth speak and hearing her pray.

If I am able to collect all of my thoughts and clearly write them out, I will, but if you want to hear more about it, just ask. The weekend almost didn't happen after a couple of babysitters backing out, but I persevered and was blessed by having my brother and his wife watch the kids which in the end was more preferred than paying a babysitter.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, man!!!

    I didn't even know that she was in town. I'm glad you were able to go and had a great time.

    And, WOOO, Jacob looks like such a big boy in his Slide picture of him in his yellow shirt. I remember him being less than a year old....and you were teaching--like it was yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love her too...

    and wish / NEED to go to another of her conferences.

    Can't wait for the fall, just to get back into one of her studies.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. We appreciate it.