Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Really??

During the November election, MN was not able to declare a winner for the US senate race between Norm Coleman and Al Franken. I have to laugh, roll my eyes, and shake my head whenever I hear about the recount that is taking place right now. I mean really-how hard is it to use the black felt tip pen and fill in the oval next to the candidate that you want to vote for?? They said their are more than 200,000 ballot being challenged in courts about who they were voting for- REALLY? That many people don't know how to correctly fill out the ballot? That amazes me. Maybe the volunteers at the voting booths should give lessons before someone can enter into their little voting booth, so that we don't have these issues, or maybe someone should check their work before they can hand it in. That sounds ridiculous, but so is having to pay multiple people in multiple counties to recount every ballot by hand.

4 comments:

  1. Know what I think? If you can't figure out how to fill in an oval, you're not smart enough to vote. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen sister! Maybe I should add it to my curriculum to help out the future of our voters!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you too can work on the challenge!

    http://senaterecount.startribune.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it shouldn't count if the voter can't figure out how to fill in the little circle. Do we want their vote anyway????!!? :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. We appreciate it.