Thursday, April 09, 2009

Blue Zones

My school had a wellness meeting yesterday after school that I attended. As a school, some of us teachers registered to run a 5K together in May- now I really need to get my butt in gear.
They talked to us about the "Blue Zones". Blue Zones are the areas of the world where people live the longest and are the healthiest. You can read more about it here.
While you are at the site, you can find out how healthy you are. Here are my results:

My Biological age is- 25.9 (I am really 29, but this is what my age is based on how healthy I am)
My Life Expectancy is- 91.4
My Disease-free Life Expectancy is- 77.9
My Accured Years is- 9.7 (I'm not 100% sure what this is)

From all of this, I learned I need more sleep, more vegetables and more fish in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. We appreciate it.