Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Happy Birthday old time friends

It's hard to believe that Sesame Street is 40 years old! As a child, I can still remember waking up early and having my dad put on Sesame Street and Mr. Rogers for me before he headed off to work. I loved watching all the puppets, singing the songs, and loving Bert and Ernie (my mom still has the Ernie doll that had as a kid). I even remember going to a live performance at the former Mets Center. My poor dad had to deal with a 3 year old that got scared of the characters live and peed on his leg. With today's variety in cartoons, my children haven't embraced Sesame Street like I did, but I am still making them watch it today on the 40th birthday. Happy Birthday Sesame Street gang- thanks for the memories!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. We appreciate it.