Monday, February 08, 2010

Change happens

Here we go again. In another week, Brenton's job position will change again. For the past year he has been working overnights on the weekends. It was not ideal, but it was the best option for our family schedule. We (the kids and I) hated the nights he worked because that meant he had to sleep when we wanted him to play with us. However, we loved it when he was off because that meant 4 days of dad in a row! Now, in a week we are preparing to return to a "normal" work day schedule. We are excited to get weekends back and to function on the same time table as most of the world around us, but it's still a transition and it still throws me for a loop.
I can tell the change is coming because my mood is always a little down. I don't know why I get this way- I actually really like change. I sometimes think I need change in my life to keep me content. I like spontaneity, but not surprises. I like fresh new ideas, thoughts and looks, but not too dramatic. So I wonder why I am feeling so down in the dumps, I should be on the edge of my seat excited for the newest change in our life.
I was telling my friends the other day that I was at a place in life where I either needed to get a dog or have another baby. The dog seems to win out on my list. So where does this crave for change come from? Do all people need or crave change or do some hate it? Is my need for change a sign of discontentment? Whatever the answers are its inevitable that change is coming for us, and I am sure I will love the change once its here, but for now, I am lacking in motivation and excitement.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. We appreciate it.