Saturday, May 22, 2010

Turn YOUR volume down

Going to the grocery store is always exhausting for me because I have to be on my best game if I want to think through recipes, make sure I have everything on my list, keep Andrew sitting in the cart, and watching to see if the Jake and Izzy are slipping extra things (usually sugar loaded) into the cart. The trip usually consists of me saying NO every 30 seconds to advertised kids food products they see everywhere and repeatedly telling the kids to turn down their microphone voices. Today was no exception to the chaos of us at the grocery store, but there was one really funny moment that I must share.
As we are walking down the dairy isle, Jacob in his megaphone voice shouts to me on the other side of the "Saturday crowd" isle, "Mommy, we have to get some Activia!"
"Why?" I ask.
"Because in case you get diarrhea, it will help with your stomach!"
"(Laughing and trying not to make eye contact with anyone) Really, where did you learn that?"
"I don't know, that's what that lady says."
A lady is standing near us, and is also laughing now. I gave her that curdious and embarrassed smile I have perfected over the years and say- "I guess he watches too much tv."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. We appreciate it.