Monday, July 05, 2010

Little girls

There is something special about having a little girl! When I found out our first child was a boy (Jacob) I was thrilled, because I always thought he would be easier to deal with. There would be less drama and I could play sports with him. In fact, I was terrified to find out I was having a girl with the second, because I didn't know how I would deal with the drama and the "girly" things little girls do. I was more of a "tomboy" myself.
But lately, I am loving little girls. They can be so sweet and caring. They want to be a mommy so badly when they are little and they are great little mommy helpers. And one of the most fun things about girls is there willingness to let you dress them up for holidays and special occasions.
Here is Izzy and her neighbor friend posing with their 4th of July outfits. They were so proud of them and more than willing to have their little pictures taken.
Izzy even let me do her hair this day. This is not normal, she usually wants to do it herself (which means not at all).
So, even though Izzy does bring lots of drama and I often times hand her over to her father because I don't know what to do, I really love having a little girl in the house with me, and I look forward to all the "girly" adventures we will have in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. We appreciate it.