Thursday, August 05, 2010

Big Mama

It seems that the kids have been obsessed with the time they were in my belly (uterus). They talk about it all the time at home, and always want to look at their baby books to see pictures of my BIG pregnant self. I don't know if it's because some friends have recently had babies that we saw, or I have some pregnant friends, but it seems a little weird. Today as Jake was playing with his friends, I overheard him say this, "My mom had the hugest belly when I was in it, it was like out to here (extending his little arms as far as they possibly could reach) she was so fat!"
In that moment I just smiled, since crying would be embarrassing, and thought about how clueless children are about hurting people's feelings. I didn't dwell on it too long, since he followed the comment with, "But now she is not fat!"
In all honesty, I can't be mad- I really was as big as a house. And I really have 'literally' worked my butt off!
(Picture from 2003, after 2.5 days of labor with Jacob and finally getting some drugs, I could sleep)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. We appreciate it.