Monday, October 23, 2006

Disappointment

I am disappinted that I still love God so little and sin so much. I always had the idea as a child that adults were pretty much the people they wanted to be. Yet the truth is, I am embarrassingly sinful. I am capable of dismaying amounts of jealousy if someone succeeds more visably than I do. I am disappointed at the capacity to be small and petty. I cannot pray for very long without my mind drifting into a fantasy of angry revenge over some past slight I thought I had long since forgiven or some grandiose fantasy of achievement. I can convince people I'm busy and productive and yet waste large amounts of time watching television. These are just some of the disappointments.

~ John Ortberg, "The Life You've Always Wanted"~

I just started reading this book last night, and already it has hit my soul. I haven't gotten very far, but I can tell it's going to be a good book. I will let you know what I think at the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. We appreciate it.