Monday, January 14, 2008

Mrs. Balvin

I am subbing today at the Northfield Middle School. Its FUN! I will be in the computer lab all day since all the classes are working on a geography project. If I had the chance to get a teaching degree again, I would for sure get a middle/high school level license. They plan one lesson for the day. When I was an elementary teacher I had to plan 7 lessons everyday. This is so much easier and I can reason with the kids so much more.

I think the older I get the more I understand middle/high school aged kids. Because I had really bad experiences in middle school, I always thought I never wanted to work with that age because they are all a bunch of punks that think they know everything. However, the more I work with them the more I like them and find them interesting and fun to work with. I especially enjoy that they are at that vulnerable age of exploring which path to go down, the good...or the not so good. Hopefully, I will be positive influence to those that I do work with(esp. my bball girls and my own kids), and hopefully, I have can steer them away from the bad path.

3 comments:

  1. OH, yea.....teaching again. Did you end up renewing your license? I don't remember?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your new header!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. how do you make the cute top part of your blog with the pix of stuff?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. We appreciate it.